Friday, November 11, 2005

Blessed

A new patient told me this the other night. “When I was thinking about nursing homes, somebody told me that if I came here, that I would love (my name here)” I said well that is awfully nice, who said that? She told me and of course with all the patients that come in and out of there on a rehab basis I didn’t remember them. She said then, “they told me, that (my name) makes that place, she is the best, without her it wouldn’t be as good of a place.” Apparently the man was a patient of mine, and the wife told my current patient that she and her husband thought a lot of me. Some days are just ordinary days, and others you hear another affirmation of why it is that you do this. To know that you touched someone enough that they always remember you is such a blessing.

On the other side of this, I heard that a former patient of mine passed away. Of course I would never forget that patient. How could you forget someone so mean, rude and manipulative? I thought to myself well I bet no one goes to that funeral, and then I felt guilty thinking that. I am being honest though, and honesty is what counts right?!

4 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger may said...

those are good days...i'm glad you had one :)

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger unsinkablemb said...

glad to read about your affirmation. sometimes those times are too few and far between. as for the other side, you're only human...

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Rygel said...

i think it's the small things we do that makes a big impression on others that why we never know whose lives we affect. I'm happy for you. I think there are many more people whom you've comforted

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Richard said...

Hello!

Given the popularity and prevalence of twitter, I put together a list of 50 different nurses on Twitter that you can follow to potentially get some insight on their medical lives. If you wouldn’t mind, could you share my list with your readers?

Here's the post:

http://blog.onlinecollegeguru.com/health-care/50-nurses-you-can-follow-on-twitter/

Many thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home