Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Just life.

The house is coming along great, almost done. I bought all my appliances last week and my new furniture tonight. I will halfway be sad when it is all over because then I will not be able to do all this shopping. I can go now and write checks for a thousand dollars and nobody says a word about how much money I am spending. It is nice to walk in and pick out what you want, because it is what you want, not what you have to settle for because it is what you can afford. However this statement does not fully sum me up, because I am thrifty to. For instance I drove 50 miles to a scratch and dent warehouse to purchase my appliances. You can’t beat scratch and dent; they are brand new GE appliances with a five year warranty just like the new ones everywhere else.  I spent 980 dollars on a brand new stainless steel fridge, stainless stove, stainless steel microwave and a dishwasher. I still got what I wanted but the truth is I would have been too cheap to buy the stainless appliances at full retail price. I cannot even find the supposed dent or scratch on the fridge, stove, or dishwasher. The microwave has a dent in the back of it (like who cares about that!).

I am really stressing out about my fiancés job situation though. He quit his job to take a job driving a truck with his best friend of 15 years. They leased this semi truck and took off, well after three weeks of it his best friend has decided to quit. He can’t pay the 800 dollar a week truck lease payment on his own. Some best friend to leave somebody hanging like that. Of course I knew deep down from the start it was a terrible idea but I kept it to myself. I didn’t want to be the nagging girlfriend. The only good thing is that he can turn the truck back in and not be financially responsible for it. (I did make sure of that before I agreed for him to do this) I know that trucking jobs are a dime a dozen these days, but the fact that he was off work a couple weeks before starting training with the lease company, and has only worked a month and now he will be off again until he can train with another company. Not to mention it makes him look like he is job jumping. I know it will work out but I am a worrier!

1 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger shrimplate said...

Congrats on all the new appliances. Stainless looks so cool. You got a great deal on all that stuff.

Upgraded appliances save money on the electric bill, too, I have found.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home